Thursday 19 April 2012

Rachael Taylor's Vogue Shoot

Just a quick post today. I really wanted to blog about Rachael Taylor's photoshoot for Vogue Australia in August last year that I happened to revisit today. Another Aussie beauty, I'm just loving everything Rachael at the moment. Her style is just so clean, fresh, natural and relaxed (you gotta love the way Aussies do fashion).

These were two of my favourite shots from the Vogue shoot (photographed by Nick Leary). There's just such simplicity in these photos allowing through a glowing vibe of natural beauty. The lighting is simple and plain, there aren't any obvious post-shoot alterations. Rachael doesn't even have much make-up on (not that she needs it mind you) and just a relaxed hair do (I adore her new choppy bob!). 
I love that green Gucci satin dress on her, it doesn't overpower her and is a dress anyone could copy, which is typical of Rachael's style of dressing. 
Then theres that glorious Gucci silk chiffon gown that makes Rachael look like she been wrapped in rays of sunshine. This was a risky colour for Rachael, being a relatively pale, blonde. A lot of blondes (myself included) can't work with yellow because it washes out the complexion giving a sallow, sickly look. However Rachael isn't one of us unfortunates. This dress looks amazing on her and practically makes her glow standing there in the sunlight, truly glorious!

Lastly I just had to include a picture of Rachael I saw in the Sunday Times Magazine a few weeks back. I loved this picture which actually happened to be the cover shot. I adored the peachy-coral blazer  she had on with a base of plain white cotton tee and crisp white mini shorts. And those glasses! How retro chic! Simply to die for.


As always feel free to post questions and comment.
So take some pointers from Rachael Taylor and remember never to let fashion own you, make it your own and dress to express! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment